Due to our rapidly growing department and fast pace environment we are now recruiting for an Electrical Engineer to join our team.
As a fully competent Electrical Engineer, the Electrical Engineer performs work involving the application of all conventional aspects of engineering to the functional area of the project. The Electrical Engineer exercises judgement in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Working knowledge of AutoCAD and REVIT is required. Should have a firm understanding of codes, EMA’s design process, and be able to consistently complete job deliverables and deadlines on time. The Electrical Engineer should be a leader on the team and should focus on communication and coordination with project managers, team leader, team members, etc. The Electrical Engineer will also assist in training down to other team members on how EMA’s design process works.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities will include engineering calculations, studies, detailed design, report writing, field investigations
- Interacts with other engineers, and directs designers and drafters to ensure project completion
- Responsible for the technical content and quality of the work, and adherence to schedules for the assigned task or project
- Selects and applies engineering principles and concepts in field of specialization.
- Able to interpret and develop low voltage One Line diagrams, hazardous area plans, wiring diagrams, E&I plan drawings
- Able to develop Electrical data sheets and load lists.
- Responsible for reporting on work progress
- Performs most tasks with varying levels of supervision
- May interact with clients as directed
- Responsible for following corporate safety protocols
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Demonstrates moderate proficiency in technical subjects
- Familiar with ETAP and SKM software for electrical power system studies
- Demonstrates a willingness and ability to learn new techniques and software
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited college/university required
- Typically, two to five years related engineering experience
- FE (EIT) is required with requirement to obtain PE within 2 years
- Ability to work with engineering software packages a plus
- Microsoft Office experience required
The minimum education or formal training for this position includes the following Provincial/State or other vocational or professional certification, trade license, apprenticeship or degree:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- A minimum 1-3 years of relevant industrial experience required
- Must be willing to submit to a background check including identity, criminal background, employment verifications and drug test.
Please contact us with your Resume/CV (cover letter optional but encouraged) if you are interested in joining a fast-growing company in an industry that has constant demand.